Saturday, January 7, 2012

Want some pie?


It was so fun to make this pie! It was easy, and I put my own twist on it. I have to say, it was good :) My daughter told me "this is the best apple pie I've ever had". That made all the hard work worth it! Everyone loved it. I even made the crust. I didn't use the one in the book, I used my mom's because I know how to make it and it's yummy.

This book was easy to follow and leaves room for your own imagination. The only spice they call for is cinnamon. So I decided to jazz it up by adding nutmeg and cloves. It turned out pretty yummy if I do say so myself. So, it may not seem like a big deal, but this is the very first pie I have made all on my own. If you want to learn how to make pie, I would definitely recommend this book, it is easy to follow and has simple ingredients nothing crazy that you probably don't already have in your cupboards. Enjoy!




Peel Apples




Then cut them




Add your spices

Make and roll out your dough

Put the dough in the pan and put in filling

Bake and then....enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment